Celebrating State Champion Dustin Horter with Confetti

East students line up to see State Champion Dustin Horter on the first and second floors.East students on the second floor hold bags of confetti to drop on State Champion Dustin Horter.East students look toward the end of the hallway where State Champion Dustin Horter is waiting.East students start dropping confetti on State Champion Dustin Horter.State Champion Dustin Horter is recognized for his win with a ticker tape parade down Main Street.Dustin Horter won at OHSAA State Division I Boys Cross Country event on Nov. 4 for the second year in a row, with a time of 15:03.50, according to MileSplit US.State Champion Dustin Horter officially committed to Indiana University at East's Athlete Signing Event on Nov. 8.State Champion Dustin Horter holds the second fastest 5K time in the country, according to MileSplit US.State Champion Dustin Horter has achieved sub-15 minute 5K times at five events, according to MileSplit US.East also held a State Sendoff Parade for Dustin Horter and the Girls Cross Country Team on Nov. 3, 2017.Spectators, including Lakota Superintendent Matt Miller, watch as State Champion Dustin Horter makes his way down Main Street.

By Lina Kaval

East student Dustin Horter won at the OHSAA State Championship for District I Boys Cross Country for the second year in a row. East held a ticker tape parade for Horter on Nov. 8, the same day that he officially committed to Indiana University at the Student Athlete Early Commitment Signing event.

%d bloggers like this: