Recipe and Photography by Susanna Merli
My grandma always cooked this cake for me, and this is her own recipe. The name of this dessert – “chocolate salami” in Italian – comes from its shape, and it is a traditional Italian product. This cake is really easy to make and is perfect for the holiday season!
Number of servings: ten slices
- 7 tablespoons of cocoa
- ⅔ cup of soft butter
- ⅞ cup of sugar
- 1 ½ cup of crunchy cookies (ex: digestive biscuit, gingerbread cookies…)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Mix together butter and sugar until it forms a cream, then put the egg and the single yolk into the mixture.
- Add the cocoa a little at a time while blending.
- Cut the cookies in little pieces and put them in the mixture.
- Lay the resulting cream in the tinfoil and form it into a cylinder. Let it stay in the fridge for a night, and leave it there to conserve it.
- Buon appetito and enjoy!Click here for more tasty treats to bake and enjoy!