Recipe and Photography by Jessica Jones
The food holiday of the year is finally upon us and everyone and their mom is giving recipes on what to make for the feast. But don’t leave the drinks in the dust! The options aren’t just bland pop and water anymore. Below is a fabulous recipe for a tart and refreshing cider that will go great with the Thanksgiving we are all planning for that glorious Thursday.
Serves about 10 cups
- 1 liter apple juice, pure unsweetened
- 2 cups orange juice, pure unsweetened
- 1 liter cranberry juice, pure unsweetened
- ½ cup sugar or other sweetener (taste to see if you need to add more)
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks or 1 ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp of ground cloves
* will need a slow cooker
- In a 4 quart or more slow cooker combine all ingredients
- Cook at least 3-4 hours on low or until hot with occasional stirring. Keep warm as long as needed on low or warm setting
- Enjoy! Click here for more tasty treats to bake and enjoy!
Note: Leftovers refrigerate well and will reheat